|Debut||Tales of Symphonia|
|Appears in||Elite Warrior Battle Royale|
Death the Kid
Dirk Irving (future son)
|Lawl Team||Team Elite
Lloyd teleports onto the stage by using the Eternal Sword.
Neutral B - Demon Fang
This move involves Lloyd creating a shockwave projectile on the floor, which will slide along the floor, causing damage to anything that comes into contact with it. The move deals much less damage and knockback. The move itself has extremely low priority, making it rather useless against characters with fast projectiles. By pressing B again, allows Lloyd to fire two Demon Fang projectiles one after the other. It is performed by rapidly pressing the special button. This technique can be linked with Sonic Thrust making it an excellent K.O. move, if the combo is timed correctly. If Lloyd uses this attack in the air, the Demon Fang will always travel forth from ground level if present below his currect position.
Side B - Sonic Thrust
Lloyd thrusts his swords forward. The attack deals 9%. Sonic Thrust was usually used at the end of combos in Lloyd's Linked Artes Mechanic. For example, Sonic Thrust could have been used instantly after Demon Fang, with no wind-up, to become "Demonic Thrust", which does more damage than either Sonic Thrust or Demon Fang alone. The moves down side is it has a massive amount of ending lag. The aerial version will send Lloyd instantly in any direction, but is an ineffective recovery option due to its ending lag and short range.
Up B - Rising Phoenix
Lloyd swings his swords upward similar to Tiger Blade, but transformes into a phoenix for a brief period of time, being able to fly upwards in a fast pace piercing attack on an angle determined with the Control Stick a moderate distance. This move is similar in style to Fox's Fire Fox, however it requires no charge time at all but cannot be aimed downward or horizontally at all. After making his ascent, Lloyd will become groundbound and unable to follow-up with any other abilities until he lands on solid ground.
Down B - Guardian
Lloyd summons a large blinking green orb around himself that deflected projectiles and parried enemy attacks. However, Lloyd could still be hurt, if he was attacked when his orb was not visible. If successful at countering an attack with the manuever, then Lloyd will attack the opponent in their direction with a powerful attack, dealing about 1.5 times the damage that could potentially have been dealt to Lloyd.
Final Smash - Falcon's Crest
Lloyd pokes Vorpal Sword. If it connects with an opponent, Lloyd will combine his swords to form the Eternal Sword and rain-like stabs attack the victims, doing up to 88%. He then charges power in the Eternal Sword and does a down slash that does 40% and sends enemies flying, with strong knockback. In total, it does up to 128%. Lloyd then turns the Eternal Sword back into Vorpal Sword and Flameberge.
Classic Mode Win/Lose Pose
Congratulations/Game Over Pictures
Lloyd Irving is the main protagonist and initial party member in Tales of Symphonia debuting on the Nintendo GameCube in 2003 and 2004. Because he believes that Colette Brunel will eventually regenerate the world anyway, he often makes rash decisions without regard for their consequences of his proceding actions. However, when it turns out wrong in the end, he realizes the mistakes he had made and tries to repent them. Later, under the guidance of Kratos Aurion, he matures through the Journey of Regeneration and sees how the people around him have been suffering all along at the hands of an evil organization. when he learns that people must be sacrifices for the sake of others, he decides he cannot go along with Kratos's ways and fights with his own abilities and strengths to reunite the worlds with his new friends and ideals.
- AAA Combo- Slashes forwards and upwards with the Vorpal Sword.
- Dash Attack- Stabs forward with the Flamberge.
- Side- Stabs forward with the Vorpal Sword.
- Up- Slashes upward quickly with the Vorpal Sword.
- Down- Stabs out in front of him with the Flamberge.
- Side- Beast (JP: Shishisenkō, 獅子戦吼, "Lion Battle Roar"): Lloyd slashes with his sword and a head of a beast attacks the enemy. It is chargeable and can cause great damage once fully charged. However, its range is short and is less likely to hit the enemy
- Up- Stabs upward with the Flamberge, yelling "Take this!".
- Down- Sword Rain (JP: Chirisazame, 散沙雨 "Scattering Sand Rain"). Stabs forward several times with the Flamberge, yelling "Sword rain!". One of Lloyd's best KO moves and one of the strongest down smashes in the game.
- N-Air - Tempest (JP: Rekkūzan, 裂空斬, "Rending Sky Slash"). Spins in a circle several times, whipping both swords around himself while yelling "Tempest!". 18% if all hits connect. Tempest can be canceled by using any special move. Canceling will leave Lloyd unable to use Tiger Blade, but he can still use his midair jump if he didn't use it already.
- F-Air - Slashes Flamberge out in front of him. Lloyd's strongest aerial in terms knockback, although it is not the most reliable one due to its slow start up.
- B-Air - Begins to slash Flamberge like in his Forward Aerial but then quickly stabs behind him.
- U-Air - Tiger Blade (JP: Kogahazan, 虎牙破斬, "Tiger Fang Break Slash"): Lloyd slashes the Vorpal Sword upwards.
- D-Air - Rising Falcon (JP: Hitenshōku, 飛天翔駆, "Fly Soaring Dive"). Lloyd rises into the air a bit, then dives downward at an angle with both swords in front of him, yelling "Rising Falcon!" The move meteor smashes opponents, sending them diagonally downward, dealing 8 hits, with the last hit having the most knockback. This attack can gimp enemies at very low percentages, but is rather predictable. Similarly to Falcon Kick, it can also help aid his horizontal recovery when he is above the platform, but doesn't give him an extra aerial jump. 24% if all hits connect.
- Grab- Lloyd stabs the Vorpal Sword out and "spears" foes on the end. Very good grab, as it's long ranged and has few start up or ending lag.
- Pummel- Stabs enemy with the Flamberge.
- Forward- Stabs the opponent once with the Vorpal Sword, then again with the Flameberge. 6% for the first stab, 7% for the second one. Can chain throw.
- Back- Slashes the opponent backwards behind himself with Flamberge. Can chain grab.
- Up- Slashes over his head with the Vorpal Sword like his Up Tilt, then stabs upward with Flamberge like his Up Smash.
- Down- Grave Blade (JP: Gansaiken, 岩砕剣, "Rock Breaker Sword"): Lloyd slams the Vorpal Sword onto the ground, damaging his opponent.
- Ledge attack: Rolls up and slashes forward with the Vorpal Sword.
- 100% ledge attack: Rolls up and stabs with Flamberge.
- Front attack: Swings his Vorpal Sword in an upwards arc.
- Back attack: ???
- Trip attack: ???
Changes from SSF2 to EWBR
- Rising Phoenix is now his new Up Special while Tiger Blade was moved as his Up Arieal.
- Guardian is now his Down Special again with a counterattack effect, while Grave Blade was moved as his Down Throw.
Pros & Cons
Role In SSE
Colors & Costumes
- Insert One