|Debut||Mach Rider (1985)|
|Appears in||Super Lawl|
|Enemies||Duck Hunt Dog|
Chun-Li (for rip-off her move)
|Lawl Team||Team Super Lawl
Mach Rider rides in on his motorcycle, then jumps off and goes into his idle.
Netrual B - Machine Gun
Mach Rider takes out his machine gun and starts firing. If the special button is not held down, Mach Rider will put it away after firing a few shots. If the Special button is held down, he will continuously fire bullets. Every bullet does about 1% damage, though this can add up quickly.
Side B - Mach Bike
In a similar manner to Wario's side special, Mach Rider hops on his bike and rides around on the stage. However, unlike Wario's Bike, Mach Rider's does not drop onto the stage. Instead, Mach Rider puts it away, making this move a bit harder to use for recovery. Every time you ram into someone with the bike, it deals about 9 - 10% damage.
Up B - Mach Flash
Mach Rider leaps into the air, leg forwards. This is Mach Rider's main recovery move, allowing for decent vertical and somewhat horizontal recovery. It can also hit opponents multiple times, and it has startup invincibility. Damage varies because of the number of times Mach Rider can hit someone with this move. It can cause up to 14% total.
Down B - Oil Drum
Mach Rider quickly throws out an oil drum, based on the tilt of the control stick each about the size of the Barrel item. It can either hit an opponent, land simply on the ground, or roll around in whichever direction you choose. The Oil Drum don’t do much on their own besides that, but after it hits, the opponent will be covered in oil. If a fire attack hits the covered oil opponent, it will ignite and damages the opponent badly.
Final Smash - Mach Assault
Mach Rider hops onto his trusty Mach Bike, equipped with the Machine Gun. Mach Rider can then run around the stage, dealing decent damage with each ram from the bike, though it can also rack up even more damage by firing the machine gun. Mach Rider can also perform a wheelie while performing his final smash.
Up: Mach Rider salutes, then strikes his hand outward to his side.
Sd: Looks at the camera and blinks.
Dn: Mach Rider faces the screen and gives a quick thumbs-up at his side.
Victory 1: Does a hop and blinks.
Victory 2: Doing his Up Smash, then his Up Taunt.
Victory 3: Hops on his bike, and leaves.
Lose/Clap: Claps to the winner
Classic Mode Win/Lose Pose
Congratulations/Game Over Pictures
Mach Rider first appeared in 1985 on a launch title for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) entitled Mach Rider. In it, evil forces called Quadrunners have invaded Earth, and Mach Rider decides to hop on his motorcycle, the Mach Bike, to search for survivors. While looking, he runs into various enemies along the way, and the only way to triumph is by using the machine gun attached to his motorcycle, which somehow contained unlimited ammunition.
- Neutral attack - Punches with left hand, punches with right hand, and another left hand, then a series of kicks. The second hit can be jab cancelled into a grab and then either throw.
- Dash Attack - Throws his knee forward.
- Side - Forward kick.
- Up - Upward kick.
- Down - Sweep kick.
- Side - Mach Rider launches himself forward and kicks with both legs.
- Up - Kicks upward, hitting twice.
- Down - Kick split. Hits on both sides of Mach Rider.
- N-Air - Doing a series of kicks in the air, it can be angled up, straight or down.
- F-Air - Punches forward.
- B-Air - Kicks backward.
- U-Air - Upwards flip kick.
- D-Air - Downward punch. The sweetspot (the lowest part of Mach Rider's fists) spikes opponents.
- Grab- Grab with his right arm.
- Pummel- Jabs the opponent with his left arm.
- Forward- Kicks opponent twice.
- Backward- Throws opponent back and shoots a few bullets with his machine gun.
- Up- Throws opponent upward and kicks them rapidly.
- Down- Pins opponent on ground and shoots with his machine gun.
- Ledge attack: ???
- 100% ledge attack: ???
- Floor attack: ???
- Back attack: ???
- Trip attack: ???
Changes from Super Smash Bros. Crusade to Super Lawl
- His down smash is slightly stronger in terms of knockback.
- His rapid kicks now does 2.50% damage.
- Better dash-dancing ability, plus the addition of moonwalking and wavedashing, give him more movement options.
- The third hit is better at tech-chasing and has improved ability to followup with other moves, as it sends opponents on a more favourable angle and has much less ending lag.
- His attacks have generally slower startup.
- Back aerial is less powerful, though still a good edgeguarder.
- His attacks are slower and have been given less favorable hitboxes, which makes safe approaches and landing blows difficult.
- The Machine Gun has less knockback.
- Mach Rider has a new down special move, Oil Drum, which acts like the Barrel item, but will covered the opponent in oil after it hits. While his former down special, the Mach Kick, is now the fourth hit of his neutral attack and his new neutral arieal.
Pros & Cons
Mach Rider's Helmet
Mach Rider's Helmet
Role In SSE
Colors & Costumes
- Mach Rider was the first Smash Bros Crusade character to make his apperance in Lawl.