Hello, I'm the Nostalgia Critic
Neutral B - HEIL HITLER!
Doug gets out his pistol, shouts "HEIL HITLER!" and goes to town shooting at both sides. He can fire it singularly and his shouting has armor frames.
Side B - ELEPHANT!
Doug says "ELEPHANT!" and the Burger King appears, causing opponents to become flower-headed and trip over. It's kind of like a mini-version of Luigi's Negative Zone from Brawl. It also cancels out recoveries in a dickish manner.
Up B - Mako Miracle
Doug holds up the head of Mako and floats upward. The head can do a number to any opponent in the way. And you can release it as a projectile.
Down B - EXPLAIN
Doug causes an explosion with his rage. The less this is used, the bigger the charge and boom are, especially when he's at high damage. After a massive explosion, he's enveloped in deadly fire for 4 seconds, making him painful to the touch.
Classic Final Smash - American Idol
A picture of Chuck Norris appears KOing everyone on screen except for the critic. While obviously coming from the meme, it is a running gag first appearing in the Sidekicks review, whenever a movie attempts something seemingly impossible, he says that only Chuck Norris can do it.
New Final Smash - Critical Rage
Doug takes the opponent as he calls him/her a cock-sucking whore and beats him/her to death with a crowbar fresh from Home Depot. After a few hits, he starts to look like he's all tapped out, but then ends it with an insanely strong hit to instantly KO the chap he's grabbed.
Star KOSFX: "Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd!!!"
Possible Screen KOSFX: "NO!"
Sd: "I'm acting."
Dn: "I was frozen today!"
1. "I'm the Nostalgia Critic. I remember it so you don't have to."
2. *drinks from a skull while firing his gun upward*
3. "I like to go one step beyond."
Failure/Clap: Give them a round of applause!
- Neutral Jabs - Multi Kick
- Dash Attack -
- Sd - POWAAAAAAH!
- Up - FAIL Goes the Weasel!
- Dn - Stomp of Rage
- Sd - Leaping Jab
- Up -
- Dn - Sweeping Kick
- N-Air -
- F-Air - Flying Crane Kick
- B-Air - Back Kick
- U-Air -
- D-Air - Throwing Something
- Grab - By the Collar
- Pummel - Knee in Your Obvious Area
- Forward -
- Back -
- Up -
- Down - Eat Lead!
- Ledge Attack -
- 100% Ledge Attack -
- Ground Attack -
- Trip Attack -
Snake: "Mei Ling, who's this guy with the glasses?"
Mei Ling: "He's the Nostalgia Critic. He remembers it so you don't have to."
Snake: "This guy is giving off powerful explosions. I don't even wanna get near him..."
Mei Ling: "The poor little guy has had such a hard life... He faced all kinds of shitty movies. Like Kazaam, Mario Brothers, and North."
Snake: "Ugh, I've seen it... That cheap movie makes my skin crawl..."
Mei Ling: "Yeah... And after that, his rage slowly grew stronger. I think he formed a rage that's so strong, that he can turn it into explosions."
Snake: "Isn't that Mako from the Chinese movies?"
Mei Ling: "Yeah... The Critic made fun of him in a review."
Snake: "Really??? I'll punch his balls!"
Mei Ling: "But be careful... His rage makes him a powerful guy..."
Snake: "Give me a break... Its not like I'm fighting an elephant."
Burger King: *Naaaaaaaaaa*
Snake: "What are you, some kind of king???"
- According to the Lawl Facebook page, the Nostalgia Critic was stated as being one of the hardest characters to animate due to the fact that almost all of his reviews only show his upper body, as his waste and legs are taken from the TGWTG 1 year anniversary brawl. His moveset also sounds the most bizarre on paper.
- The Critic is both the first live-action character and the first celebrity introduced in Lawl.
- The Nostalgia Critic is one of two characters whose Star KO #2 animation was never seen, the other being I.M. Meen.
- He is part of Channel Awesome
- He does not criticize modern age movies until his revival, however he only reviews them after the movie has a home release.
- The character is played by Douglas Darien Walker, known for Ask That Guy, Bum Reviews and others such as Kickassia as the Nostalgia Critic himself.
- Doug Walker stated (both at the end of "To Boldly Flee" and on TGWTG.com) that there will be no more new weekly Nostalgia Critic reviews, as to begin working on different videos and projects, but he returned in 2013 and does reviews every other week.
- Nostalgia Critic has survived the longest without getting KO'd, his last KO was in Bicycle Tracks when his false version was KO'd by Tommy Wiseau. (Madotsuki's classic mode doesn't count because the KO was offscreen), also I.M. Meen has survived the second longest since his last KO was in Final Forest.
|Playable Characters in Smash Bros. Lawl|
King Harkinian | I.M. Meen | Leonidas | Mama Luigi | Haruhi | Dr. Robotnik | Toon Dr. Wily | Frollo | Gaston | Billy Mays | Toon Guile | Toon Bison | Hank Hill | Nostalgia Critic | AVGN | Hitler | Don Ramon | Jaime Maussan | Panty & Stocking | Scanty & Kneesocks | Nicolas Cage | Irate Gamer | Tommy Wiseau | Madotsuki | Yomika | Ib | Best Hercules | Zoolander