|"Spankety, spankety, spankety!"|
|Appears in||Super Lawl|
|Enemies||Ness (Battle Royale Only)|
Lucas (Battle Royale Only)
|Lawl Team||Team Super Lawl
Changes from Brawl to Super Lawl
Porky Minch became a playable character, in Brawl he was a boss in the Subspace Emissary.
Neutral B: Numbing Spray
One of Porky's attacks from Mother 3. Porky's Robot will spout two sprayers on its sides, and spray two clouds of a substance which causes the opponent to be unable to move. This attack can be charged. The longer the charge, the longer the opponent will be numbed. Does no damage or knockback.
Side B: Mecha-Porky Drone
Porky's Robot will shoot out a Mecha-Porky. The Mecha-Porky will run around the stage for a bit, trying to run into the opponent. If they touch the opponent, they trip and explode. If they are hit with an attack of any kind (projectiles and items, too) they will still trip and explode. After 5 seconds have passed, and they haven't hit anyone, they'll explode anyway. The explosion does 8% and great knockback.
Up B: Electro-Lightning
Porky's Robot will jump into the air (in mid-air, too) and then start to hover, while holding out a Red Orb under the Mech. After 3 seconds pass, the Mech will fire a deadly bolt of Lightning downward from the Orb, then fall. If hit during the jump, it does 8% and good knockback. If you touch the Orb before it fires the lightning, it does 2% a hit. If the Lightning hits you, it does 24% and great knockback.
Down B: PSI Counter Shield
Another throwback to Mother 3. Porky will activate his Robot's PSI Counter Device, which is an artificial PSI Counter. It works almost exactly like Fox's Reflector. It does 5% if it hits the opponent when executed, and it reflects projectiles.
Final Smash: King Porky Statue
Porky will call down the Pig King Statue, and disappear into the background. You can now control the Pig King Statue for 15 seconds. The Statue can walk and jump. Touching it at all does 14% and great knockback, and getting hit by the jump does 18% and intense knockback.
KO 1: Kyaa!
KO 2: Eeeeayeee!!
Star KO: Im million years alreadyyyyyyy!!!!!
Screen KO: *Pain*
Taunt: "Spankety, spankety, spankety!"
In both games, Porky Minch is shown to be very immature and childish, even when his body ages beyond his own measure. He can be extremely obnoxious, and is also shown to be very selfish and egotistical, which Shigesato Itoi says is likely due to how terrible and abusive his parents were. Porky does not appear to be self-conscious about his weight, or his resemblance to a pig (as King P, the naming of virtually every facet of his empire refers to pigs, such as the Pigmask Army, and New Pork City). Though he is naturally mischievous, after Porky is corrupted by Giygas, his childish sense of humor becomes increasingly malicious. He actively seeks the destruction of the universe in EarthBound, and in Mother 3 his antics nearly wipe out the Nowhere Islands, costing the lives of an untold number of the island's inhabitants, at the very least the lives of Hinawa and Claus. Porky's actions were more than likely due to wanting friendship, according to Shigesato Itoi, and that Porky himself is like a poem.
- Porky will rapidly stab the opponent with one of his robot's 'arms'. It reaches far, so it is good for keeping opponents away. It does 2% a hit.
- Porky speeds up his Mech to ram into the opponent. Does 10% and good knockback. The low angled knockback on this move makes it useful near the edge, but it can be punished.
- Porky will stab at the opponent with the legs of his robot. It hits high, medium, and low, so it would be able to hit an enemy of any size. Each leg does 3% a hit, and slight knockback.
- Porky will stab the 'arms' of his robot upwards. The arms come from his sides first, so opponents on his sides can be hit. It does 9% and slight knockback.
- Porky himself will lean to the side he is facing and throw up on the ground next to him. The barf stays on the ground for up to 2 seconds. If the opponent touches the barf while it's on the ground, they will recieve up to 10% and be stunned for a second.
- A throwback to one of Porky's moves that had no name, just called "...what did Porky do?...". Porky will send out waves of unknown energy to hit the opponent. They have effects in this order- Burns (2-5%+), Electrocutes (2-5% and Stun), Regular Hit (5-10%), and Freeze (5-10% and Freezes). This move has long reach and is great for stopping approaches. It can be punished if it misses or is blocked.
- Porky's Mech makes a Red orb, and a laser comes out of it. The laser travels in a circle around the orb. Hits on all sides of Porky. Does up to 18% and good knockback.
- Porky's Mech jumps into the air a bit, then slams down onto the ground. If the opponent is directly under Porky when this hits, they are buried. Does up to 20-21% and good knockback.
Grabs & Throws
- Grabs with one mechanical hand
- Porky will stab his mech's 'arm' forward. This does 10% and good knockback.
- Porky will toss the opponent under his mech to the ground behind him. Does decent knockback and 9% damage.
- Porky will shoot the opponents feet with his Orb Laser, and send them flying up. Does 10% and good knockback, and it can get KOs at high percentages.
- Porky will stomp on the opponent with his robot's leg. Does 11% and slight knockback.
- Porky makes an electric field with his Mech. The attack doesn't affect Porky's descent, and the electric field follows Porky. It does 8% and moderate knockback.
- Porky does the same attack as his Jab, only in the air. Although, it only hits 4 times. It also has the same effect. (so, it does 2% a hit)
- A throwback to one of Porky's attacks in Earthbound. Porky himself will turn over in his Bed Mech, and fart. The fart does 10% and stuns, allowing for comboing into other attacks, though it is difficult.
- Porky will create a Red Orb with his robot's 'arms' and shoot it upwards. It flies for 2 seconds before dissapearing. It does 11% and good knockback.
- Porky will make his Mech shoot all of its legs downward in a spike-like fashion, ending in a spear tip. If the opponent comes into contact with the tip, it is a meteor smash. This does 12% non-sweetspotted, 16% when sweetspotted.
Role in Story Mode
- Porky's mech is a lot smaller than the one in Brawl, but is more accurate to the size of his mech from Mother 3.
- Porky is voiced by GoldenYuiitusin. Golden is also going to voice King K. Rool, Samurai Goroh, and possibly Saki and Mewtwo in Crusade.
- Most of Porky's lines actually come from Mother 3:
- His "Stop Right There" comes from the quote he says when he prevents Lucas from stopping the Masked Man from pulling the 7th Sacred Needle.
- His "Spankety, Spankety, Spankety!" comes from his infamous catchphrase from EarthBound, which he would often say while taunting Ness.
- His "A Million Years Already?!?!" is a reference to a line where Porky says that Lucas could never beat him, not in a million years. He is almost asking the player if it has been a million years.
- When he coughs after saying "Fly my Pretty" in his side special, it is a reference to the fact that Porky would randomly start coughing in the middle of his speeches.
- Porky's Final Smash is a reference to Brawl, when Porky was inside the Pig King Statue. The Final Smash was originally supposed to end with an explosion, a reference to when Ness blows up the statue with PK Flash.
- Porky's Jab, Ftilt, Dash Attack, Side Special, Up Air, and Up Special all come from the boss fight with him in Brawl.
- Porky's Back Air references one of his attacks in EarthBound, which was using a "very stinky gas" to attack.
- Coincidentally, Porky, Petey Piranha and Ridley, the only characters that were promoted from being a boss to a playable character, were all sprited by the spriter GigaPichu.
- In Mother 3, Porky was shown to be unable to die. This is referenced in his death cries, which do not show any sort of pain, instead, he yells at the opponent for being "unfair," tells the player he is mad, or he cannot die.
- In fact, the only reason Porky takes damage at all is because it is dealing damage to his mecha, which in Mother 3 was shown to be vulnerable.
- Some of Porky's voice clips are placed incorrectly, and can randomly be heard during the dair. "You cannot escape" was supposed to be used during the up special jump, or the neutral special, and "Kerbloom!" was supposed to be used when he shot the lightning.