|"Hey there, space cats! Ulala here, comin' at you from Spaceport 9."|
|Debut||Space Channel 5|
|Appears in||Super Lawl|
|Lawl Team||Super Lawl
B- Chu Blaster
Ulala takes out her blaster and yells "Chu!" while shooting a quick-moving projectile. When powered by the effects of her Striking Pose (depending on how many poses you get right from that move), she can have the ability to shoot more than once with the tap of a button and aim the gun freely in any direction. The move also works in midair, even with the effects of the Striking Pose.
Side B- Superstar Point
Ulala yells "Over there!" or "Here's the scoop!" while pointing with her finger to deal some energy damage. If this attack is done very close to any opponent, she will only push them away instead of affecting them with the point's true power. If the foe is close enough from the short burst of the pointing finger, he/she is guaranteed to be stunned before flying off from the attack.
Up B- Spacy Boost
Ulala does a short burst with her trust Space Pack that allows her to leap very high into the air. While this is a great recovery move, she can really harm anyone in this state and could be left in a helpless state halfway through the fall.
Down B- Striking Pose
Just like in the original game, Ulala has to perform a series of poses to gain a boost of strength and have better effects for her Chu Blaster. What happens is that few Morolians would appear to either side of her and do a series of gestures (which you would have to mimic by taping the stick in the same direction that they are diubg). The effects of getting each pose right lasts for a total of 6 seconds, so this is where you would have to act fast when coming up with a strategy.
One correct pose = slight power boost and 2 Chu Blasts.
Two correct poses = stronger power boost and 3 Chu Blasts.
Three correct poses = strongest power boost and the ability to aim with 3 Chu Blasts.
Four correct poses = massive burst of speed and two Morolians assist you with their blasters in addition to your three aimable shots.
Final Smash- Space Channel 5
A white platform rises below Ulala as the intro of "Mexican Flyer" plays to make things festive for this funky Final Smash. She strikes a pose and says "Let's Dance!", causing every fighter on the screen to dance uncontrollably (If they are caught by the big blue offwave that emits from her body). Many Morolians would appear on the scene to for the sake of dancing while Ulala dances herself. Sometimes, the Morolians will move to different spots or even stop by the fighter that's dancing for the finale (or even a fighter that isn't affected by the hypnotic dancing. For the Climax, Ulala with fire at each Morolian with a massive blue blast that will most likely deal massive damage to any fighter that's near these color coded aliens. After the final shot, the announcer from both Space Channel 5 games would say "Nice shooting!" as Ulala strikes her final pose. The white platform lowers to the ground with Ulala saying "Thank for watching, space cats!" in a cheerful manner.
Ulala is the protagonist of Sega's Space Channel 5 series of dancing videogames, and debuted with the eponymous original title on its release for the Dreamcast in December 1999.
When anyone wants to hear funky news, they turn immediately to Space Channel 5. The highlight of the station is Ulala, the foxy reporter who aims to the best in the galaxy - a dream she has had ever since she was rescued by a broadcaster for the channel when she was a little girl. Ulala hosts the Swinging Report Show, which has become a massive hit around the universe after she stopped the Morolian invasion from turning everyone into dance-a-holics.
- Neutral attack- Ulala strikes with her right hand while yelling "Right!", then strikes with her left hand while yelling "Left!", and finishes with an outstretched heart gesture while shouting "Chu!".
- Dash Attack- She does a flying kick while yelling "Space Channel!".
- Side Tilt- Ulala does a quick spin (which is actual attack) and poses afterward,
- Up Tilt- She points above herself in a disco-esque pose.
- Down Tilt- She does a stomp reminiscent of the Cockroach Dance.
- Side- Ulala does a funky pose reminiscent of the Warrior Pose, which strikes ahead and behind her.
- Up- Ulala faces forward and thrusts her arms above her thrice, yelling "Up!" each time.
- Down- Ulala blasts the ground wth a powerful blast from her Chu Blaster.
- Ledge attack: ???
- 100% ledge attack: ???
- Ground attack: ???
- Trip attack: ???
- Grab- Ulala reaches out with her right hand.
- Pummel- Ulala strikes the foe with her trademark microphone.
- Forward- Ulala kicks the foe away with a powerful kick.
- Backward- Ulala tosses the foe backwards and blasts him/her.
- Up- Ulala tosses her foe into the air and blasts them twice with her blaster.
- Down- Ulala throws the weight of her bottom on top of her victim.
- Neutral- Ulala does a few swift kicks with her groovy legs.
- Forward- She deals a heavy swipe with her blaster.
- Backward- Ulala quickly turns and blasts behind her with the Chu Blaster (The kick with her lower legs can also harm players).
- Up- Ulala blows a kiss to fire a few fast moving hearts above her.
- Down- Ulala does a spinning stomp with both feet down (her raised arms can also attack foes above her).
Role in Subspace Emmisary
- Ulala was probably named after the french expression "Ooh La La".
- There was a conflict with the company and a singer who thought that Ulala was created in her image and so put a case against them.She never won.